The most common question I get is “how did you get into copy writing?” Just a few years ago, if someone had asked me what I wanted to be “when I grew up”, I would have never considered working at home as a web copy writer! In fact, I had my heart set on working in human resources for a long time, being able to make a positive change in the lives of employees and helping others to develop long-term careers.
But, things change as things have a habit of doing, leaving me going through a period of transition as a professional. I found myself exploring various work from home careers and stumbled upon writing as an actual career. It was the best discovery of my life!
I fully believe that we copy writing is one of the best home based careers available to people today. For many reasons, including:
- The ability to work remotely from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- A flexible schedule that allows project work around other responsibilities.
- Writing opportunities in every industry and on every topic imaginable.
- Challenging tasks and projects that never get boring or monotonous.
- The ability to be as creative as you want to be and enjoy the results of this effort.
- Ongoing work with a multitude of really cool clients around the world.
- No worry about noise factors or having to talk on the phone to rude people all day.
There are other benefits of having a home based career as a web copy writer, but those just come with the territory! I love the freedom of expressing myself through words. I love working with incredibly talented and smart people daily. I love seeing my name online whenever something is published. Nothing I’ve ever done in my past life as a corporate HR professional has ever compared to the absolute joy I get as a web copy writer in Charleston, South Carolina.
So, if you are thinking about taking the leap of faith and writing for a living, I encourage you to explore all the avenues that are available to you in freelance web copy writing!
Feel free to leave your questions or comments below – always happy to respond!